Financial modelling is a core part of the business and we have carried out many modelling projects.
Financial modelling is a core part of the business and we have carried out many modelling projects. In addition Simon has personally provided training in financial modelling to investment banking recruits at Citigroup, Lazard & Nomura. In September 2011 he was appointed Visiting Lecturer at City University where he teaches financial modelling.
Types of transaction
We have produced Financial Models for a wide variety of business contexts including
- Business as usual financial planning
- Bid modelling
- Models for debt and equity fund raising
- M&A modelling
Whatever the context, the universal principles of logical design, realistic model assumptions and rigorous testing apply.
Simon’s experience in financial modelling training to a number of investment banks and as a visiting lecturer at City University enables us to create a bespoke training solution for your business
1) Business Services Company: Providing business support by introducing business modelling and forecasting best practice as part of turnaround team brought into the business.
- Introducing forecasting models, systems and best practice into a business that did not have established business planning procedures
- Introducing formalised bid modelling practices for all future tenders
- Producing ad hoc business models and business cases in relation to new ventures for presentation to directors of operating company and parent company
2) Waste Management Company: Building forecasting tool for Waste Management Group and Private Equity owner.
- Producing consolidated forecasting tool that built in sensitivity analysis of banking covenants
- Producing forecast models for M&A targets that satisfied the multiples stakeholders (Acquiring company, parent investor company, target company, advisors, potential debt and equity providers)
“I engaged Simon to work on the financial modelling for a complex and successful refinancing exercise Siblu was engaged in during 2009. Simon’s input, through his competence and professionalism, contributed significantly to the success of the project and I would have no hesitation in recommending his services.”
FD Travel Business contracted Simon Proctor Consulting to assist with debt & equity fund raising
“…a brilliant modeller and is always the first person we go to for modelling requirements”.
(Managing Director, Turnaround Consultancy)